The Ranch House Adult Lounge, Conference Room (AV Room) and the Dakota Lodge may be reserved for private parties, meetings and community groups. The Community Center has Birthday Party Packages during the summer pool season. Smoking is not permitted in any facility operated by the Metropolitan District or owned by the Master Association. Please view our Indoor Facility Rental Fees for current rental rates. For outdoor reservations, please visit our Park Reservations page. We now have a virtual tour and photos of the Adult Lounge on our Facility Photos & Video page.
Please find reservation policies, rates and additional information below. To check availability or reserve a space for your next gathering, please contact Terry Irwin or Mary Lou Greeley at 303-979-1876. For Community Center birthday parties, contact Sarah Gagne at 303-979-4070, ext. 206.
Who may reserve the Adult Lounge, the Conference Rooms and the Dakota Lodge?
- All reservations must be made by someone over 21 years of age.
- To preserve quality furnishings and decor, the Adult Lounge is for adult functions only. Children may attend functions only if closely supervised.
- Renters should respect the following occupancy limitations of rooms when scheduling and planning functions, or suffer loss of their damage deposit: Adult Lounge – not to exceed 152 persons, Dakota Lodge – not to exceed 75 persons.
Hours Of Availability:
- Ranch House Adult Lounge: Available from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- Dakota Lodge: Available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Conference Rooms (at Ranch House): Available from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Procedures for reserving the Adult Lounge and the Dakota Lodge:
- Please contact the Ranch House front desk at 303-979-1876 or email Terry Irwin or Mary Lou Greeley to reserve a facility.
- In general, reservations for the Adult Lounge and the Dakota Lodge (completion of request form, rental agreement, and payment of fees) must be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
- A Ranch resident may make advance reservations for private use of the Adult Lounge and/or the Dakota Lodge up to a year prior to the requested date. The privilege of making advanced reservations is limited to three times during a calendar year (Jan. 1 – Dec. 31). If reservations are requested more than three times per calendar year, the resident may only make that reservation 3 weeks prior to the requested date.
- All cancellations must be made no later than 3 weeks before the scheduled date. Cancellations made with less than 3 weeks notice will result in forfeiture of one-half the total damage deposit.
- IMPORTANT: Reservations must be made for the total time desired (including set-up time, duration of function, and clean-up time). Admittance to the area will not be granted prior to time reserved. The resident named on the reservation form must be present for the entire function. The Adult Lounge must be cleaned by the reserving party and inspected by staff by 1:00 a.m. The Dakota Lodge must be vacated by 10:00 p.m.
- The rental agreement damage deposit or portion thereof may be withheld if the rented area is not left in the condition in which it was found. Deposits will generally be refunded within two weeks following the function.
- Fees may be waived for community groups (i.e. Scouts, Brownies, Fabulous 50′s, bridge clubs, homeowner sub-associations and committees for business meetings, social functions, workshops, etc.) Homeowner sub-associations may receive a fee waiver for use of a facility for a social function comprised entirely of Ken-Caryl residents from a particular community. Each homeowner sub-association will be permitted not more than three (3) waivers of fees for social functions per calendar year. A community group function currently under reservation may be asked to reschedule in deference to a private, fee generating function and a Ken-Caryl Metropolitan District sponsored function upon thirty (30) days prior notification to the affected community group by the Facility Administrator. (Swimming pool rental fees cannot be waived.)
- Community groups may reserve facilities up to six months in advance. To be considered a community group, 50% of the participants must be residents.
- If a community group fails to show up for its reserved time, this time will no longer be automatically reserved for the next month. These organizations will be taken off the calendar for the next month and will, therefore, have to come in and fill out a new room request form.
- A resident may not permit guests to use other recreational facilities without prior arrangements.
- Common courtesy to surrounding neighbors should prevail regarding length of parties and sound level of entertainment.
- Crepe paper, posters, banners, etc. are not to be taped or stapled to the walls of the Adult Lounge.
- Anyone reserving the Adult Lounge or the Dakota Lodge MUST STAY FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT .
- No rice, bird seed or confetti may be thrown.
- The Dakota Lodge may be rented from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- There shall be no violations of Colorado liquor laws and necessary proof of insurance and waivers must be signed by the renter. Please view the Ken-Caryl Alcohol Policy.
- Parking lots at Ranch facilities are not available for reservations/rent.
The deposit may be forfeited if the room or facility rented is not left in the exact condition in which it was found. Conditions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All furniture must be replaced.
- All counter, sink, appliances and cabinets must be clean and empty (provide your own cleaning supplies, dishes, utensils, etc.).
- All trash must be taken to dumpster (provide your own trash bags).
- Hardwood floor must be swept, carpet vacuumed and debris picked up.
- The occupancy limitations are exceeded.
- Attendees exceed the number of hours reserved.
- The resident or lessee is not present (function will be cancelled).
- If the NO SMOKING policy is not observed.
Unreserved Use of the Adult Lounge and/or the Dakota Lodge:
The Adult Lounge is available for drop-in use when not previously scheduled during regular hours at the Ranch House (i.e. when staff is on duty). This is limited to social or community use only and prior notification is required. Business meetings, client and business contacts must rent the facility.
Scout Groups Using the Dakota Lodge:
- Scout Groups must schedule meeting dates with the Ranch House front desk at 303-979-1876 or by email with Terry Irwin or Mary Lou Greeley.
- Scout Groups must be at least 50% Ranch residents and at least one leader must be a Ken-Caryl Ranch resident.
- Scout Groups must leave the room as they found it (trash removed, furniture replaced, counters and tables cleaned and wiped).