April 2 Joint Study Session Meeting Summary
On April 2, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association and Metropolitan District Boards held a Joint Study Session and discussed the following items:
- Resident Annette Chavez read a letter from Peggy Coen that urged the Master Association Board to hire Victoria DeSair as the next Executive Director.
- The Boards discussed the survey results about the Ranch House Pool redesign. Overall, the feedback was very positive about the pool. The two most-desired amenities were play features in the zero-depth area and shade. If funding is available, the Boards will consider adding these amenities.
- The Boards formed a steering committee for the Ranch House Pool project. The committee consists of various staff members, as well as resident Dan Mullins and Board members Dave Seagraves, Andy Lydens, and Kayla Kirkpatrick.
- The Board discussed the budget and the contract for the Ranch House Pool.
- District Manager Melissa Daruna announced her resignation. The MD Board discussed an interim plan for the District Manager position. The plan is for two current MD employees, Parks Director Pat Malloy and Controller Jeff Leniger, to share the duties of the District Manager while searching for a permanent replacement.
- The Boards discussed potentially changing the organizational structure of the leadership of the MA and MD. The Boards are forming a sub-committee to look at the structure.