Bears Sighted on Ken-Caryl Ranch
Recently, bears have been sighted in and around the Manor Ridge subdivision of Ken-Caryl Ranch. They may be active anytime, day or night, most often during morning and evening hours. Remember to remove all ATTRACTANTS:
• Birdfeeders should be removed until winter when bears are not active.
• Place secured garbage cans outside for pickup in the morning only.
• Burn food off barbeque grills and clean after each use.
• Clean garbage cans with ammonia to discourage bears and other wildlife.
• Don’t leave food, trash, coolers, air fresheners or anything that smells in your vehicle.
• Lock bear-accessible doors and windows in the house, garage and car at night.
• Remove any ripened fruit that has fallen to the ground on your property.
Bears that get too comfortable around people can destroy property or even become a threat to human safety. Habituated bears must often be destroyed. Please don’t let bears die needlessly. Do your part to bear-proof your home and property, and help keep bears alive and wild.
REMEMBER A FED BEAR IS A DEAD BEAR!!