Drones are growing in popularity and can be good fun. Please remember there are rules and etiquette for use that are enforced by Jefferson County and the FAA. At this time Ken-Caryl Ranch defers drone enforcement to Jefferson County. If you feel you are being harassed you should contact Jefferson County Sherriff (303-277-0211). If you feel a drone is being used inappropriately or if you find a downed drone in your area you can submit a report directly to the FAA on their website.
Below is a sample of some of the rules and guidelines for Drone/Unmanned Aircraft Systems from the Federal Aviation Administration website. Before you fly, visit https://www.faa.gov/uas to know more about responsible drone ownership and use. For a summarized list of FAA rules and regulations, visit https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/Part_107_Summary.pdf.
• You must register your drone or UAS if it is over .55lbs or less than 55lbs
• Must keep the aircraft in sight (visual line-of-sight)
• Must fly under 400 feet
• Must fly during the day
• Must fly at or below 100 mph
• Must yield right of way to manned aircraft
• Must NOT fly over people
• Must NOT fly from a moving vehicle