Job Title: Director of Finance
Reports To: General Manager
Starting Pay Range: $90,000.00 – $120,000.00 annually, paid on a biweekly basis.
Employment Classification: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association employees’ eligibility for benefits varies by employment classification. Full-Time employees receive healthcare benefits, and employer-paid dental and vision insurance for the employee. Regular Full-Time, Variable Full-Time and Regular Part-Time employees enjoy retirement benefits, paid time off, paid family medical leave, life & AD&D insurance, and long-term disability insurance. Variable Part-time employees may also be eligible for retirement benefits, paid family medical leave, and paid-sick leave. Seasonal employees may be eligible for paid family medical leave and paid-sick leave.
Primary duty is to create accurate and timely financial records to be used by Board of Directors to ensure fiscal responsibility. Ensure a clean audit opinion, ensure appropriate tax forms are filed in a timely manner. Be responsible for cash flow forecasting and investing excess cash to obtain the maximum rate of return. Provide business management regarding useful life of assets and maintenance thereof. Provide support to General Manager on high-level operational responsibilities.
FINANCIAL STATEMENT PREPARATION
• Create accurate and timely financial statements for the Board on a monthly basis.
• Obtain a clean audit opinion at year end.
• Partner with General Manager and Finance Manager to create annual operating budget.
• Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts enabling maximum investment opportunities for surplus cash.
• Create long term reserve funding analysis.
• Partner with finance manager in the preparation of monthly and year-end financial closing and reporting.
• Run fixed asset report periodically and update as needed.
• Serve as primary contact for the auditor on the annual audit, and tax filings.
• Maintain preferred vendor list and present to the BOD annually.
• New employee benefit sign up – Healthcare, Dental, Eye, Life Insurance, etc.
• Periodic reports for Unemployment benefits, Workers Compensation, Insurance.
• Manages monthly retirement contributions for employees.
• Spearhead RFP and Procurement process to ensure KCRMA obtains adequate competitive bids.
• Review contracts for legal matters in cooperation with General Manager.
• Be the primary point of contact for external contracts ensuring that the KCRMA procurement process is followed.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / PAYABLE:
• Partner with Finance Manager on accounts receivables and payable as needed.
• Review payroll every other week.
• Serve as liaison with Metro District Finance Director regarding monthly billing and other finance-related items.
• Assist with preparation of the annual budget.
• Assist with the annual MA Board election.
• Research and implement process efficiencies and internal controls.
• Maintain required compliance documents including but not limited to W-9s, 1099s, and insurance certificates.
• Serves as back up for the Finance Manager.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by General Manager.
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in in accounting, finance, business administration or related field;
• Minimum 5 years of relevant accounting or finance experience.
• Certified Public Accountant active license
• Ability to minimize operating expenses
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Attend evening board and/or committee meetings as needed.
• Willingness to obtain certification to become a public notary.
• Strong attention to detail and communication skills.
• Positive attitude and customer service focus.
• Flexibility, willingness, and ability to deal with difficult situations and step in wherever assistance is needed.
• Willing to train and become the staff specialist for the MA’s accounting software, Village Management Software (VMS). Once trained, be the staff liaison between VMS and other entities or programs that integrate with it.
• Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and ability to navigate accounting software used by the MA.
WORK AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: This position requires work in a variety of locations and conditions, including but not limited to Association’s multiple department locations, and other similar inside and outside work areas. A substantial portion of this position will involve sedentary, administrative work in an office environment.
Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift items in excess of 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently. This position requires standing, walking, stooping/bending, lifting and repetitive motion. Work is performed in all weather conditions. Positive interaction with District employees, subordinate supervisors, other organizations, and the public required.
The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website to complete the Employment Application and submit your resume and cover letter. Applications will be accepted until Dec. 6 at 5 p.m.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org