Do you love working with children and need a flexible yet gratifying job? Look no further! Apply to join our fun, dedicated, passionate Youth Team!
Salary: $16.31-$16.80 per hour (DOE)
Hours: 6:45am – 9:00am and 3:15pm -6:00pm; 4-5 days per week Monday-Friday*
*A few full days are offered including break camps during the school year. These hours are 8am-5pm. Candidate required to work a majority of these full days offered.
Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District is a small, yet diverse Special District in Littleton providing the Ken-Caryl Ranch community with a variety of recreational opportunities. We strive to strengthen community connections through exceptional park, recreation, and educational experiences.
Join our dedicated, fun-loving staff and have a significant influence in the lives of children. Before and After school instructors develop and implement hands-on enrichment activities to inspire and connect with students in grades K-6. Come work in a supportive, positive, and fun environment. Our program is truly the best because of our amazing staff, our great activities and the high expectations we have for our students. Please bring your sense of humor and passion every day!
Before & After School Programs Overview:
Our elementary school students enjoy drama, science, art, cooking, yoga, hiking, field trips and more while attending our programs! The Lead Instructor is responsible for implementation of activities and providing daily support. We have two school-age programs at two different sites. The Ranch House is a recreation focused program while The Dakota Lodge is an outdoor education focused program. Dependent on preferences and needs, applicant would be placed at one of the two locations.
Lead Instructor Responsibilities:
• Implements fun, engaging and hands-on age-specific group activities (games, crafts, etc.) for 10 to 40 school-age students in collaboration with the other instructors for both indoor and outdoor settings
• Effectively leads program participants and fellow staff through the daily schedule
• Maintains a safe environment for program participants and ensures that proper safety precautions are being followed during program, field trips, and all excursions
• Communicates effectively, professionally, and regularly with the supervisor, teammates, and families through verbal and written communication
• Cultivates an inviting and nurturing environment for every child
• Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other applicable activities and meets all deadlines; keeps up to date with all required certifications
• Follows the District’s philosophy of behavior management which includes positive reinforcement and redirection
• Consistently promotes a positive, professional image of the District and provides excellent customer service at all times
*This list is meant to be illustrative and is not all-inclusive.
• Experience working with school-age children
• Flexible and positive in an intense, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment’
• Comfortable learning new skills in order to facilitate programming successfully
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong communication skills to build open and trusting relationships with children, parents, and other team members
• Desire to work and play hard each day!
• Passionate about one or more of the following: science, art, cooking, sports, drama, music, fire trucks, fairies, insects!
• Must exercise excellent judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to all participants
• Must be at least 19 years old and have at least three months of verified experience working with school age students (Group leader or teacher-licensure certification a plus, but not required)
• Must be willing to drive a 14-passenger minibus to and from off-site locations
• Must have a valid Driver’s license
Benefits: Ken-Caryl Ranch youth program employees enjoy access to open space trails, a gym membership, fitness classes, pools and recreational facilities for duration of employment. Regular Part Time employees accrue 64 hours of PTO annually and receive 4 hours of PTO per holiday.
How to Apply:
Please view the full Before & After Care Lead Instructor Position description for additional information.
To apply, please complete an employment application and upload a resume and cover letter through the application.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
Please note: A background check will be conducted, and employment is contingent upon record findings.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com