Ken-Caryl Ranch is a planned residential community located just 18 miles southwest of downtown Denver. It is an attractive and inviting place to live, work, and play as it is nestled against the picturesque foothills of the Rocky Mountains with red rock formations, amazing views, and open space. Ken-Caryl Ranch residents have a strong sense of community and a robust appreciation for quality of life. Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District works very closely with the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association to serve the community in a unified and collaborative way. The District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors elected by its citizens and serves approximately 14,000 residents in Littleton, Colorado.
Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District offers a wide range of park recreation activities and facilities, a fitness center, three tennis facilities, three outdoor aquatic facilities, 120 acres of greenbelts, and 19 miles of trails. The District also provides a broad range of recreation programs and special events for children and adults of all ages including before and after school programs, nature programs, summer camps, wellness programs, preschool, and tennis.
Successful candidates will provide exceptional customer service to residents and participants and understand their important role within a public parks and recreation agency. Employees promote a positive image of the District and Ken-Caryl Ranch at all times through their dedication to service, commitment to efficiency, and their perseverance to ongoing improvement.
Employees enjoy recreational benefits to outdoor swimming pools, an indoor community center, and open space trails. In addition, full-time and variable full-time employees are offered medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a competitive paid time off package and paid holidays. All employees contribute to a Mission-Square retirement account in lieu of Social Security with a 10% matching benefit from the District.
About the Job
Under the supervision of the Parks Supervisor, Technician I – Turf is responsible for the daily mowing and maintenance of the irrigated turf areas within the District’s parks system.
- Ability to work a 40 hour per week schedule that could include some evenings, early mornings and weekends as conditions or programming schedules might dictate.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the
- Must have the ability to be flexible and be able to adapt to changing daily schedules based on timelines and equipment/vehicle repair needs.
- Mow, aerate, and assist in fertilization of parks, greenbelts and baseball/soccer fields; assist in identifying problems observed in the parks so that appropriate personnel can address them (i.e. wet or dry grass areas, tree damage, playground or greenbelt light damage, etc.)
- Know how to safely operate equipment and power tools including, but not limited to, riding mowers, walk-behind mowers, trimmers, edgers, blowers, sod cutter, front-end loader, backhoe, dump truck, skid-steer, snow removal equipment, tree chipper, and stump grinder.
- High School Diploma.
- Possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
Hiring Range: $19.04-$23.37 per hour.
How to Apply
For a full job description and requirements, please click on the link below. To apply, please complete an employment application and submit your optional resume and cover letter to Richard Plack, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com