Ken-Caryl Ranch is a planned residential community located just 18 miles southwest of downtown Denver. It is an attractive and inviting place to live, work, and play as it is nestled against the picturesque foothills of the Rocky Mountains with red rock formations, amazing views, and open space. Ken-Caryl Ranch residents have a strong sense of community and a robust appreciation for quality of life. Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District works very closely with the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association to serve the community in a unified and collaborative way. The District is governed by a five-member Board of Directors elected by its citizens and serves approximately 14,000 residents in Littleton, Colorado.
Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District offers a wide range of park recreation activities and facilities, a fitness center, three tennis facilities, three outdoor aquatic facilities, 120 acres of greenbelts, and 19 miles of trails. The District also provides a broad range of recreation programs and special events for children and adults of all ages including before and after school programs, nature programs, summer camps, wellness programs, preschool, and tennis.
Successful candidates will provide exceptional customer service to residents and participants and understand their important role within a public parks and recreation agency. Employees promote a positive image of the District and Ken-Caryl Ranch at all times through their dedication to service, commitment to efficiency, and their perseverance to ongoing improvement.
Employees enjoy recreational benefits to outdoor swimming pools, an indoor community center, and open space trails. In addition, full-time employees are offered medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as a competitive paid time off package and paid holidays. All employees contribute to a Mission-Square retirement account in lieu of Social Security with a 10% matching benefit from the District.
About the Job
Under the direction of the Parks Supervisor, the Technician II – Forestry is responsible for providing experienced tree care, including planting, removing, pruning, assessing, and analyzing diseases and damage of all trees and shrubs within the District’s parks and greenbelts.
- Ability to work a 40 hour per week schedule that could include some evenings, early mornings and weekends as conditions or programming schedules might dictate.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the
- Must have the ability to be flexible and be able to adapt to changing daily work schedules.
- Trim, prune, plant, and remove trees and shrubs as directed; water and fertilize trees and shrubs as directed; understand and consistently apply industry-accepted methods, materials and equipment used in tree and shrub maintenance.
- Implement and maintain a tree and shrub inventory and be able to collect, input and retrieve data for work scheduling and prioritization; assist the Parks Supervisor in maintaining a hazardous tree inventory, identifying hazardous and defective trees, and implementing corrective measures.
- Know how to safely operate equipment and power tools including, but not limited to, front-end loader, backhoe, skid steer, trencher, sod cutter, snowplow, dump truck, stump grinder, chipper, bucket truck, rope and saddle climbing gear, chain saw, and hand tools; assist with routine maintenance and repair of chain saws, chipper, and other hand tools.
- High School Diploma with additional studies in tree and plant care that would allow knowledge and abilities to implement best practices in arboreal maintenance techniques.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in tree maintenance with increasing levels of responsibility, or any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for excellent job
- Possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License
Hiring Range: $22.02-$26.44
How to Apply
For a full job description and requirements, please click on the link below. To apply, please complete an employment application and submit your resume and cover letter to Richard Plack, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com