MA/MD Nov. 3 Joint Study Session Summary
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association and Metropolitan District Boards held a Joint Study Session on Nov. 3 at the Ranch House. The following items were discussed:
- Metro District Board member Joe Levy presented an overview of the South Hogback Open Space. In 2019, two cultural and biologic studies commissioned by the Metro District were completed. Next step is to investigate potential land designations/programs to advance preservation of the land and develop a basket of possibilities for the KCRMD board and staff to explore. Further community input will also be sought.
- Victoria DeSair provided an update on two major land developments in Ken-Caryl Ranch. Cardel Homes is planning to build 124 homes near Deer Creek Golf Course. The Board of County Commissioners will be reviewing the final plat Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 8 a.m. Details are on the County’s website. The other development is for approximately 700 homes in the North Bowl and north of Sunset Ridge. The developer, North American Development Group, is scheduled to close on the land at the end of November.
- Staff gave a status of the comprehensive review of insurance coverage for the Master Association and Metropolitan District. The bulk of the review will occur in early 2021.
- Traci Wieland presented information on medians in the community. A full review of medians was completed by staff and a priority list was created for median updates for the next three years.
- Staff provided an update on pedestrian crossings in the Plains. Several crossings were reviewed, and staff will work with the County on a plan for safe crossings.
- Residents Jan Rousselot, Ruth Sundberg, John Fosholt, Jerry Sullivan, and Rilla Reinsma addressed the board during the public comment portion of the meeting.