Master Association Board July 16 Meeting Summary
On July 16, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- A work group comprised of resident volunteers from the Covenant Control and Architectural Committees, as well as staff, have reviewed the current Home Improvement Rules document and submitted a draft of their suggested full revision to the Master Association Board for consideration. The document, referred to as the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Rules, Regulations, and Procedures, is available on the Ken-Caryl website. Resident Jennifer Manta requested the addition of two locations for signs to be allowed. She requested a location near the offramp at the entrance to the Valley as well as the fork at the intersection of Ken Caryl Ave. and S. Valley Road. Resident Kayla Kirkpatrick expressed concern about the Holiday Lighting rule, specifically about net lighting. The Board will vote on the rules document in August.
- Staff presented a proposal to convert the Equestrian Center Office to natural gas. The Board would like to wait on the proposal.
- Staff provided an update on a proposed Valley Parkway crossing project. The project was budgeted for $8,000, but due to the need for engineering design and additional requirements, it is projected to cost substantially more. The Board will review in August.
- Resident Ethan Pankow addressed concerns with a crosswalk at S. Valley Road and Ken Caryl Ave. Cars are ignoring the crosswalk and not yielding to pedestrians or cyclists.
- A motion passed authorizing staff to enter into a contract extension with Waste Connections for trash/recycling services.
- A motion passed adopting the Amended Meeting Guidelines with one change to the third to last bullet.
- A motion passed adopting the Policy for Anonymous Communications at Board Meetings.
- A motion passed authorizing staff to enter into an extended contract with James Moore and Associates for auditing services.
- A motion passed adopting updated Open Space & Parks curfew hours language.
- A motion passed appointing a new member to the Covenant Committee.