Master Association Board July 17 Meeting Summary
On July 17, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Board held a Regular Meeting and discussed the following topics:
- Comments during public forum: thanks to the Board for the trails, fiscal responsibility, and display of the mastodon mandible; thanks to staff for work at Bradford Park; concern about muddy trail use; concern about liability and insurance coverage; request for a hiker-only trail; request for Docmann Trail construction to start after the Fire Ban is rescinded; concern about all-night outdoor lighting at the Community Center.
- Staff from the Metropolitan District presented an overview of the impact of the Gallagher Amendment on the Metropolitan District’s finances, as well as the possibility of a Mill Levy election.
- Staff presented a draft of the Anonymous Covenant Complaint Procedure. The Board supports staff’s procedure in handling anonymous complaints.
- The Board discussed an easement agreement between KCRMA and IREA for underground utility access in the North Ranch. The Board President will make amendments to the agreement, sign it, and return it to IREA.
- The Board discussed short-term rentals such as VRBO and Air BnB. They are allowed per the Master Declaration.
- A motion passed authorizing the Board President to execute the amended KCRMA and Willow Springs Trail Use Agreement with the addition of a reference to the access point map and insurance company notification.
- Staff said the Brannon Gearhart access trail improvements will now be completed by Valles Construction.
- Staff reported about the new budget adoption process per the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act.
- The Boy Scouts are working on the Valley Parkway fence/tie-wall project along with contractors to replace the tie wall and fence.
- Staff reported that Cottonwood Leaf Beetle is affecting some trees in the open space.
- A Board member said the KCR Foundation is looking for two new Board members.