Master Association Board Oct. 22 Meeting Summary
On Oct. 22, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
• The Board reviewed a draft of the updated Volunteer Trail Coordinator Program Description. The Board will vote on the revised description in November. Residents Ruth Sundberg and Jim Fodor expressed concerns about the VTC program.
• The Board reviewed the status of committee membership for 2020. There will be one opening for the Covenant Committee and two for the Open Space Committee.
• Staff presented options for the 2020 Draft Budget. The Board looked at dues increases in the amount of $2-$4 per month and discussed multiple one-time projects. Six residents addressed the Board about the budget. The Board supports a $3/month dues increase and will vote on the budget at the Nov. 12 meeting.
• John Archer from Assured Partners Group, an insurance broker, presented insurance renewal information to the Master Association Board. Insurance costs for the Master Association will be $12,000 higher for 2020 due to increases in premiums and the addition of cyber security insurance and an abuse and molestation policy.
• A motion passed adopting the Brannon Gearhart Task Force Job Description.
• A motion passed authorizing staff to write off uncollected late fees from 63 accounts totaling $140.73.
• A motion failed authorizing $15,000 for an open space survey by JF Sato.
• A motion passed authorizing $20,000 for a contingency for the Brannon Gearhart Park project.
• A motion passed authorizing staff to enter into an insurance renewal with Assured Partners Group.
• The Board moved the November meeting to Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. at the Ranch House.