Master Association Dec. 17 Board Meeting Summary
On Dec. 17, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Board held a budget meeting and a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- A budget meeting was held per the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act. The budget stands at the original $3 per month dues increase as adopted at the Nov. 12, 2019 meeting. Resident Jim Fodor expressed concerns with staff spraying herbicides.
- Jack Warner, a representative from the Ken-Caryl Ranch Historical Society, addressed the Board regarding the Massey Draw Foothills Archaeological Site. The site is a new prehistoric archaeological site first discovered on and near the Ken-Caryl Ranch Open Space Massey Draw Trail in spring 2019 by retired archaeologist and Ken-Caryl resident Mark Guthrie. The Board supports an archaeological survey of the area.
- Staff gave an update on the drainage and path project in Brannon Gearhart Park. The construction crew has mobilized at the site and work is underway.
- The Board supports a request from the Community Associations Institute to host a 2020 Professional Community Association Manager Case Study at Ken-Caryl Ranch.
- Staff provided a project overview of the completed Manor House prairie dog project.
- A motion passed adopting the 2020 Master Association Committee membership as follows:
- Architectural Committee: Peggy Coen, Wade Cummings, Brian Daigle (Consultant), Kieran Hardesty, and Matt O’Brien.
- Community Planning Committee: Take one-year hiatus from this committee.
- Covenant Committee: Mary Francavilla, Cheryl Schaal, Bob Siegel, Matt Thomson, and Jeff Storm.
- Election Committee: Annette Chavez, Peggy Coen, and Dianne Jones.
- Historical Society: All current members plus Helen Peoples and Jack Harris.
- Open Space Committee: Colin Crotty, Sean Devin, Jenny Kozlowski, Lauri Osborne, Brad Goulding, Gerald Bauer, and Tom Bratschun.
- A motion passed adopting the 2020 Brannon Gearhart Task Force membership as follows:
- Stephan Verberne, Seth Murphy, Marketa Murray, John Fosholt, John Rodell, and Del Grau.