Master Association May 19 Board Meeting Summary
On May 19, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Board held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
• Victoria DeSair reported on Ranch House pool construction, staffing updates, current closures due to COVID-19, trail maintenance updates and the Master Association Annual Audit, which is projected to be completed in June.
• Andy Lydens shared information regarding the potential use of volunteers to help mitigate the impact of MD staff reductions due to COVID-19.
• Scotty Martin reported that the Historical Society is exploring potential foundation work for the Shaffer Barn and reported on increased vandalism at the Bradford Perley House.
• Tom Bratschun shared that the Metropolitan District Board discussed Ranch House pool funding and the Plains Metro District Settlement at the last meeting.
• Dan Mullins, volunteer trail coordinator, shared an update of current trail projects. A trail reroute in the North Ranch, connecting the North Hogback Trail to the Lark Bunting Trail, will be discussed at the next Open Space Committee meeting.
• The Brannon Gearhart Park Task Force plans to present their report to the MA Board by August 2020.
• Ranch House pool construction is expected to be completed in July due to weather delays and impacts from COVID-19. The Board discussed potential funding sources for the projected budget shortfall.
• The Master Association Board meeting in June may be at the Ranch House if safety guidelines permit in-person meetings at that time.