Master Association May 21 Board Meeting Summary
On May 21, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- Resident John Fosholt expressed concerns about fireworks in the Valley and requested a reminder about fireworks on the marquee signs.
- Jim Moore from James Moore & Associates Accounting presented the 2018 Audit. Overall, the audit was smooth, and there were no significant findings. A copy of the audit can be found at www.ken-carylranch.org under the Administration tab then Budgets & Reports.
- The Board supported an $11,000 expenditure for the Master Association’s half of the cost to replace the current aging physical host servers that are no longer under warranty and pose a security issue. The cost will come out of the Special Project undesignated fund.
- Staff presented a five-year contract extension opportunity for trash and recycling services with Waste Connections. The Board will vote on the extension at next month’s Board meeting.
- Staff presented Draft Amended Meeting Guidelines to help guide audience participation for the Board meetings. The Board supports the guidelines and will vote on them at next month’s Board meeting.
- The Board reviewed a Draft Policy for Anonymous Communications at Board Meetings. The policy will be communicated to the community per the Communications Protocol, and the Board will vote on the new policy at next month’s Board meeting.
- A motion passed authorizing staff to enter into a contract with Cowboy Fencing to replace 1,600 feet of rail fencing along the east side of the Aspen Meadows neighborhood at a cost of $40,600. Funding source: Reserve Fund.
- A motion passed adopting the Amended Collection Policy.
- A motion passed adopting the Amended Fire Prevention Plan. Scotty Martin recommended adding information on pine needles and duff for future updates. John Fosholt recommended looking at fire prevention needs in encroachment license areas.
- A motion passed authorizing staff to execute the renewal of an agreement with resident Ed Galisewski to allow use of KCRMA Open Space for keeping bees.
- A motion passed adopting the Amended Open Space and Parks Rules, except for rule #2. Per the revised rules, Class 1 e-bikes are now allowed on natural surface and paved open space, greenbelt, and park trails. Class 2 e-bikes are only allowed on paved open space, greenbelt, and park trails. Class 3 e-bikes are only allowed on roads and parking lots where motorized vehicles are authorized to travel. Resident John Keahey expressed concern about the frisbee golf course being open until dark. The Board wants the Open Space Committee to revisit changes to rule #2, which discusses open space and park hours.
- A motion passed adopting the Amended Landscape Violation Policy and the Amended Open Space Management Plan.
- A motion passed authorizing staff to write off legal fees, interest, and late charges for account #35867.
- A motion passed authorizing the Board President to enter into the Ranch House Pool Agreement with the Metropolitan District.