MD Board Meeting Summary, Aug. 25, 2020
The Metropolitan District Board met for a regular Board meeting on Tuesday, August 25. The following is a summary of that meeting:
- The Board heard a presentation from the District’s auditor regarding the 2019 Audit. The Board later approved the 2019 Audit.
- The Board opened and closed a public hearing on the Proposed 2019 Supplemental Budget. The Board later approved a resolution adopting the 2019 Supplemental Budget.
- The Board received an update regarding the District’s COVID-19 pandemic response and recovery. Staff informed the Board regarding a positive COVID case with a participant, monthly cash flow projections, and use of capital funds. The Board approved the use of Conservation Trust Funds for automatic doors to be installed at the tennis building.
- The Board approved the Third Amended and Restated Garden Club Use Agreement which extends the agreement until 2025.
- The Board heard a presentation on a recommended cost recovery philosophy for recreation, park, and facility programs and fees. The philosophy will be used to help guide the development of fees schedule for 2021.
- The Board heard public comment from a resident regarding the Lilac Ash Borer and its impact on Ash trees on Ken-Caryl Ranch, as well as a resident who thanked the Board for its collaboration.
The Board’s next regular meeting will be held on Sept. 22.