Metropolitan District 2020 Budget Highlights
The Metropolitan District Board will meet on Tuesday, Nov. 12 to discuss the 2020 Draft Budget.
Draft Budget Highlights:
- District anticipates a substantial 12% increase in property tax revenue of approx. $350k for 2020, the majority of which is planned for increasing reserves or capital improvements
- District plans to achieve its target operating reserves of $1.2m in 2020
- Management and the Board are discussing approx. $500k of capital projects for 2020 and looking at the 2021 – 2022 projects as discussion for future priorities
- Management and the Board are considering other budget adjustments that might allow for discontinuation of the credit card processing fee
- Management and the Board are considering recreation program fee increases including the pool pass renewal options (with renewals most likely staying the same as 2019)
- The largest expenditure impact District-wide is the increase in Colorado minimum wage rates from $11.10 to $12.00, an 8% increase, or $25k of additional expense to the District
- The 2020 budget includes the anticipated hiring of two additional year-round turf crew members for a total of approx. $70k, one position of which was a budget reduction in 2019
- The District paid off the mini-bus leases in 2019 and will pay off the fitness equipment leases in early 2020
Community feedback is welcomed at the Metropolitan District Board meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. at the Ranch House or by email to Traciw@kcranch.org.