Metropolitan District Aug. 27 Board Meeting Summary
On Aug. 27, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- The Board discussed the District Manager finalist interviews and passed a motion recommending a specific candidate to receive a conditional offer of employment. The Board went into Executive Session to discuss the details of the candidate’s offer.
- Board members and staff discussed the efforts of the Financial Stability Workgroup. The group consists of two members of the Metropolitan District Board, two members of the Master Association Board, and representatives from staff. The goal of the group is: Financial stability to facilitate predictable delivery of goods and services to the Ken-Caryl Ranch community. The group identified an unfunded capital needs and projects list, and the Boards will jointly discuss the list at the next Joint Study Session.
- The Ranch House Pool Project is underway. The Board talked about the list of unfunded pool elements.
- The Board discussed an Employee and Board Member Recreational Benefits Program. The resolution to adopt the Program was removed from consideration.
- The Board discussed South Hogback fencing options.
- The Board discussed the Veteran’s Monument. An audience member recommended lighting the monument during dark hours.
- A motion passed directing staff to include $25,000 in the District’s 2020 Budget for the purchase of unfunded Ranch House Pool elements selected by the Board that are not otherwise funded through the cooperative agreement for the Ranch House Pool replacement or by the Master Association.