Metropolitan District Board Feb. 27 Meeting Summary
On Feb. 27, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
• Staff provided an update on the 2018 Metropolitan District Election. The election will be a mailed ballot, with one ballot sent to each registered voter in the Metropolitan District. The election ends May 8. As of press time for the Life at Ken-Caryl paper, there were no candidates, but two candidates submitted applications after the paper was printed. The candidates are Kayla Kirkpatrick and John Huggins.
• The Board discussed the progress on the redrafting of the MA/MD Reorganization Agreement.
• Staff outlined the status of the Ranch House Pool Renovation. A public meeting will be held March 14.
• The Board discussed creating a program for District matching gifts/donations for smaller projects.
• The Board reviewed the proposed Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Fraud Policy and Operating Cash Management Policy. They will revisit the policies at the next meeting after legal review.
• The Board discussed reallocating the 2017 Conservation Trust Funds and will publish a budget hearing to take action on the adjustment at the next meeting.