Metropolitan District Board June 26 Meeting Summary
On June 26, the Metropolitan District Board held back-to-back meetings – a Special Meeting at 4 p.m. and a regular business meeting at 6 p.m. The following topics were discussed:
• The Board reviewed financial projections for Residential Assessment Rate (RAR) adjustments through the Gallagher Amendment prepared by staff. Legal counsel gave information on potential ballot initiatives to de-Gallagherize.
Regular Business Meeting:
• The Board continued discussion on the financial projections from Gallagher carrying over from the 4 p.m. Special Meeting. They further discussed the potential solution of a November ballot initiative to increase the District’s mill levy. Additional discussion and an action item to coordinate with the County’s November election were requested for the July regular business meeting agenda.
• Staff provided an update that the Bond projects and final payments to contractors are complete.
• Staff provided an update on the Ranch House Pool project. They expect the next revision of design and cost estimates to be prepared for a public meeting and feedback in August.
• Staff provided an update on the draft audit and review of the audit by the Board at the July meeting.
• Director Esbenshade asked the Board to support a pilot community donation program to assist with smaller projects in the community. The Board agreed and Director Esbenshade will be gathering more information on the initial project.
• The Board added an action item and voted to retain the services of George K. Baum for public education services related to the November election should they decide to ask the community for a mill levy increase.