Metropolitan District Board May 22 Meeting Summary
On May 22, the Metropolitan District Board held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- Staff introduced the District’s new Recreation Director, Amy Lear. Amy was hired to replace Kristen Peterka, who recently resigned from the position.
- The District’s Controller gave an overview of the District’s monthly finances.
- The Board discussed the current status of the Ranch House Pool renovation project. A.D. Miller is working on preliminary cost estimates, and the architect is refining the pool design. The Board and staff agree pushing the pool build out a year will allow for a more thorough design and competitive bid process. There will be more discussion at the June Joint Study Session.
- The Board continued to discuss a S.W.O.T. (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats) Analysis for the Metropolitan District. Information from this analysis will be paired with financial data to create a business plan for the District.
- The Board discussed the possibility of adding a Mill Levy increase and a vote about the Gallagher Amendment to the November ballot.
- Kayla Kirkpatrick and John Huggins were declared elected to the Board.
- The Board appointed liaisons to the Open Space and Community Planning Committees.
- Staff gave an overview of the benefits available to District Board members.