Metropolitan District Board Meeting Summary
On June 25, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- External auditor Neil Schilling with Schilling & Company presented the prepared 2018 financial audit. The audit resulted in an unmodified (“clean”) opinion of the financial statements.
- A motion opened a public hearing on the proposed 2018 supplemental budget. No public comments were noted during the public hearing. A motion closed the public hearing on the proposed 2018 supplemental budget.
- The Board reviewed a draft of the ERO South Hogback Cultural and Historical Survey. Master Association Open Space Manager Sean Warren presented a detailed analysis of the findings. The Board recommended no action until receiving the South Hogback Biological Survey results.
- Master Association Open Space Manager Sean Warren presented a detailed analysis of the Revised Open Space Management Plan and the Wildfire Hazard Mitigation Plan. The Board rescinded the motions to approve these plans. The MD Board supports the MA Board in its efforts to improve the management plan and reduce wildfire hazards in the community.
- A Resolution passed adopting a Supplemental Budget summarizing appropriations, revenues, and expenditures for Fiscal Year 2018 for the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District.
- A motion passed accepting the 2018 Annual Audit as prepared by Schilling & Company and directing Schilling & Company to submit such audit to the Colorado State Auditor.
- A motion passed approving a special event liquor license for the new event Boots & BBQ Country Western Dance, subject to the event date changing to Aug. 10.
- A motion passed amending the District Manager Hiring Process to add a new paragraph 4(b)5 authorizing the Hiring Committee to conduct preliminary phone interviews prior to the application deadline date of those individuals who have submitted completed application packets, as the Hiring Committee may select, and to revise the Timeline for Hiring District Manager accordingly.