Metropolitan District Board Member Vacancy
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District expects a Board member vacancy after the May meeting. The Board has determined it will follow historical practice for filling the vacancy; therefore, letters of interest and qualifications will be accepted from eligible candidates until 5 p.m. on Wednesday, May 19. All eligible candidates must own property or reside in District boundaries and must be a registered voter in the State of Colorado.
The Board will review the submitted letters of interest at the May 25 Board meeting and discuss a list of supplemental questions for the candidates to answer and return. That supplemental information will be distributed to interested candidates and will then be due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 16. The Board will discuss the candidates and the vacancy will be filled by appointment by majority vote of the remaining Board members at the June 22 Board meeting, or a subsequent Board meeting if schedule dictates.
The appointee will serve until the next regular Board election which is May 3, 2022 at which time the vacancy will be filled by election for the remaining unexpired portion of the original term which is until the May 2, 2023 election.
Letters of interest should include the following:
- Candidate’s full name, occupation, address, and length of time as a resident in Ken-Caryl Ranch.
- The candidate’s interest in serving on the Metropolitan District Board.
The following is a tentative recruitment schedule. Candidates may contact District Manager, Traci Wieland, email@example.com with questions.
- May 19: Letters of interest and qualifications must be emailed to District Manager, Traci Wieland, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5 p.m.
- May 25: Board meeting discussion
- June 2: Supplemental questions distributed to candidates
- June 16: Responses to supplemental questions must be emailed to District Manager, Traci Wieland, email@example.com, by 5 p.m.
- June 22: Board discussion and possible appointment of new Board member