Metropolitan District Board Oct. 23 Meeting Summary
On Oct. 23, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Board held a regular business meeting and discussed the following topics:
- The Board opened the hearing process on the 2019 Draft Budget. Staff presented the budget with the assumption that the mill levy increase is not approved by voters. Alternatives for increased funding were discussed in the event the mill levy is approved by voters. Staff discussed the big picture of the budget, including revenue and expense allocation for different areas of service. Staff and the Board answered questions from the audience and clarified information for each other.
- The public hearing for the proposed 2019 budget was continued until Dec. 4 when the Board is scheduled to adopt a final budget.
- Staff and the Board discussed fee changes for the Fitness Center at the end of 2018 and into 2019 in an effort to drive more memberships and attendance. Staff will be working on updated membership options and providing details to the community.
- The Board and staff are developing a District Strategic Plan and 2019 Goals. The District Manager will be providing more details and a roadmap for drafting the plan in the next couple meetings.
- The Board discussed the potential of the mill levy passing and the legislature finding a solution to Gallagher. They recognized that there is some concern from residents that in that situation the District’s mill levy may be higher than necessary. The Board discussed options for ensuring that the District does not overtax residents in that case and received advice from staff and legal counsel on what could be done to address the tax levels if necessary.