Metropolitan District Board March 27 Meeting Summary
On March 27, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Board held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- Staff provided an update on the 2018 MD Election. Because there were two candidates for two open positions, the Board passed a Resolution to cancel the May 8 election and declare Kayla Kirkpatrick and John Huggins elected to the MD Board by acclamation.
- Staff gave an update on the Ranch House Pool renovation. A public meeting was held March 14, and the concept designs were also posted online. Staff gathered all of the feedback and presented it to the architect, Ohlson Lavoie Collaborative, for incorporation into the plans. More information and designs will be presented to both Boards at the April 3 Joint Study Session.
- The Board discussed the draft update to the MA/MD Reorganization Agreement, in particular the proposed changes to irrigation water cost responsibility. Both Boards will vote on the agreement at a future meeting.
- The Board reviewed plans for a new sign at the Community Center and gave staff direction to move forward with the project this spring. The new sign will match the family of community and entrance signs.
- The Board discussed the future of the Mill Levy for the MD. Discussion circulated about strategies to build an operational reserve and capital reserve for the District and ensure financial sustainability. Information was provided by the District’s legal counsel on the potential for another Gallagher adjustment to the assessed value rate in 2019. Staff will be working on financial projects to better understand the impact to the District’s finances should that adjustment take place. The Board will discuss big picture strategies and the potential need for a mill levy increase at future meetings.