Metropolitan District Dec. 3 Board Meeting Summary
On Dec. 3, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Board held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- The Board discussed the 2020 meeting schedule and a resolution allowing special districts to post meeting notices online. Both will be addressed at the January meeting.
- The Board adopted a schedule of fees and charges for Park and Recreation services, programs, and facilities for 2020. A majority of program fees will see a slight increase while pool fees will remain the same as 2019. The discounted fee for registration transactions not made by credit card will be discontinued for 2020 in an effort to incentivize customers to conduct transactions online.
- The Board adopted a resolution summarizing revenues and expenditures for each fund and adopting a budget for 2020. See the 2020 Metropolitan District Budget.
- The Board discussed different surfacing types for the replacement of South Valley Parkway trail. The discussion will continue regarding asphalt, concrete, and colored concrete at the Joint Study session in January.
- The Board discussed the re-establishment of the IGA with Foothills Parks and Recreation District and determined it would not be implemented in 2020 due to the much higher than anticipated cost. The Board will reconsider the opportunity for 2021.
- The Board entered Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. § 24-6-402(4)(b) to receive legal advice regarding the South Hogback historical and archaeological survey.