Metropolitan District Jan. 29 Meeting Summary
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Boards held a regular meeting on Jan. 29 and discussed the following items:
- The Board discussed bids for a South Hogback Biological Survey. The new Westerly Apartments in the Jefferson Corporate Center south of C-470 will open in the spring. The apartments are not on Ken-Caryl Ranch, but they are adjacent to the South Hogback public open space owned by the Metropolitan District. The purpose of the biological survey is to identify the location of rare plants in this area. Two contractors have submitted proposals for the survey. A final decision on a contractor and level of survey conducted will be made at the Feb. 26 meeting.
- Staff updated the Board on the process for creating a Community Strategic Plan. Updates will be provided each month with much of the work being conducted with both Boards at monthly Joint Study Sessions.
- Staff provided an update regarding the credit card fees and cash discounts and new fitness center fee structure.
- Staff gave an overview of the feedback gained from the Pool Revenue Meetings and email feedback. The Board recommends moving forward with an administrative fee when residents apply for their annual pool pass, closing the Ranch House wading pool for the season, and increasing revenue with special events and private rentals where possible. The Board also supported enhancing visitor experiences by improving concession choices or trying to secure food trucks.
- A motion passed setting the Regular Board Meeting Dates for 2019.
- A motion passed accepting the proposal from Anchor Network Solutions, Inc. for managed IT services for Ken-Caryl Ranch.
- A motion passed authorizing the use of up to but no more than $60,000 of Plains Metropolitan District Settlement Funds for replacement of the lights at the Tennis Building. The funding is the interest from the Plains Metropolitan District settlement funds. While there is an initial investment, cost savings through electricity usage will be gained in just over two years.