Metropolitan District July 23 Board Meeting Summary
On July 23, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- The District Manager Hiring Committee provided updates on the District Manager search process. The Committee plans to conduct in-person interviews with five candidates this week and has scheduled a Special Meeting for Aug. 6 to take action on the Finalist List.
- The Board discussed options for funding part of the Unfunded Pool Elements list distributed by the Pool Planning Committee and Master Association staff at the Joint Study Session on July 16. No action was taken on designating funding.
- The Financial Sustainability Committee reported positive progress on a collaborative solution between the MD and MA for funding MD capital projects that are critical but currently unfunded. The Committee intends to present a draft plan at the Aug. 6 Joint Study Session.
- Staff reviewed a recommendation to change current employee benefit policies in the Employee Handbook to address disparities in benefits between exempt and non-exempt full-time staff and provide benefits to full-time workers that do not work the entire calendar year. The recommendation was not taken into formal action.
- Resident James Fodor distributed a handout recommending changes to the KCR Open Space Comprehensive Management Plan. The recommended changes were not applicable for consideration for the MD Board as the Board had not moved to adopt the recent Plan revisions.
- A motion passed naming officers as follows: President John Huggins, Vice President Kayla Kirkpatrick, Secretary/Treasurer Jeff Esbenshade, and Lauri Lehan-Milano and Jami Jensen Board members at large.
- A motion passed to approve the Candidate List presented by the District Manager Hiring Committee.