Metropolitan District Sept. 24 Board Meeting Summary
On Sept. 24, the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Board held a regular meeting and discussed the following items:
- A resident attended the meeting and presented a quote to implement improvements to a sand volleyball court in the community. The court could be used for tournaments and resident play. The Board directed staff to meet on site with the resident to discuss the project components.
- The Community Planning Committee Chair, Liz Dowdell, presented recommendations from the Committee to construct bathrooms at Community Park across from Shaffer Elementary. The Board commended the community survey and efforts of the Committee and will discuss this project as part of the long-range capital planning process.
- The Board discussed consistency of the fee and use structure for community groups including the Ken-Caryl Swim Club 2020.
- Members of the Financial Sustainability Committee provided an update on the group’s progress. The group compiled a 2020 capital needs and projects list (joint compilation of KCRMD and KCRMA) and discussed a preliminary 2020 Budget.
- The Board discussed proposed Joint Study Session Meeting Guidelines. The District’s Attorney will provide recommendations for changes to be presented at a future Joint Study Session.
- The Board discussed a Master Governmental Lease Purchase Agreement through Wells Fargo Equipment Finance, Inc. for parks vehicles/equipment and directed staff to provide options for the leasing mechanism at the October meeting.