- Campsites, just like trails, are located on private property and are therefore intended for the enjoyment of Ken-Caryl Ranch residents and their accompanied guests only. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Camping must be authorized beforehand and is restricted to the following designated areas: North Hogback picnic shelter, Manor House picnic shelter, Gothic Overlook, Tin Cup, Silver Cliff, and Bradford Open Space.
- Camping is limited to 3 days and 2 nights at each site except when authorized by Ranger staff.
- Each site is limited to one group of campers not to exceed eight people, except for Manor House and Bradford Open Space, which are limited to one group not to exceed 50 people.
- Camping at Bradford Open Space is permitted only when the site has been reserved. An adult must be present at all times at this site and groups are allowed to use the facilities provided.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00PM and 6:00AM.
Leave No Trace
In order to protect our natural resources and provide a safe and clean environment for all users, Ken-Caryl Ranch Open Space practices the following ‘Leave No Trace’ ethics in which visitors should leave their site in as good or better condition than it was when they found it.
- Dispose of waste properly. You must pack out what you pack in, including toilet paper and hygiene products. Solid human waste should be deposited in cat holes 6-8 inches deep and should be dug at least 200 feet away from water, camp and trails. Cover and camouflage the cat hole when finished. Pick up all litter at camp site before hiking out.
- Be conscientious of water. Be careful not to contaminate water sources. When washing yourself and dishes, do so at least 200 feet away from waterways, camp and trails. Use small amounts of biodegradable soap. Scatter strained dishwater.
- Respect flora and fauna. Be courteous of the natural environment, taking care not to use plants or trees to support clothes lines, tents or other camping gear. As campsites are located in areas inhabited by animals such as mountain lions and black bears, handle and store food appropriately.
- Obey fire restrictions. Open fires are prohibited at all campsites except the fire ring at Bradford Open Space. Camp stoves are permitted; however, all fires are subject to temporary closures during high risk periods.
For more information, please contact the Park Rangers at 303-979-1876, ext. 170.