For the latest information and updates regarding Ken-Caryl’s Aquatics programs and activities, including pool closures, please visit our dedicated COVID-19 page.
Summer 2020 General Pool Information
The Community Center Pool is OPEN!
Pre-registration is REQUIRED this summer to maintain reduced pool occupancy restrictions. Walk-ins will NOT be accepted for any reason. A daily fee will be charged for each person in attendance, $4 for residents of the Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District, and $7 for non-residents. Every individual, even non-swimmers, infants and small children, must pre-register and pay to enter the pool area due to the limited number of people allowed in the pool area at any time.
Registration will open Wednesdays at 12 p.m. for the following week (Sun. – Sat.).
Did you know that you can now manage your reservations online? Our online portal allows you to easily and conveniently cancel and transfer current pool reservations.
- CANCELLATIONS: If you are not able to make your session, you must cancel at least 24 hours in advance. There are NO CANCELLATIONS LESS THAN A DAY IN ADVANCE. All cancellations must be completed through the online portal. Follow these cancellation instructions. All cancellations incur a 25 percent refund fee. Refunds will be issued as a credit on your account for future use.
- TRANSFERS: You are welcome to transfer to other open swim sessions. Transfers must be completed through the online portal. Follow these transfer instructions.
- WEATHER UPDATES: The weather changes rapidly; therefore, delays and closures at the pool can happen rapidly as well. Your best course of action for determining if your session is occurring is to go to the pool at the start time of your session. You can also monitor the weather using the WeatherBug app. This is what we use to check for when lightning is within 10 miles of the pool. If lightning is more than 10 miles away from the pool on the WeatherBug app, the pool should be open.
- AGE RESTRICTIONS: Anyone 12 and under must be accompanied by a responsible party, age 13 or older.
If the pool is closed for more than half of your session or all of your session, your account will be credited automatically. There is no need to call or email to request a refund. If the pool is not closed and you decide not to attend due to weather, there is no credit or refund. Please remember, all cancellations must be completed at least a day in advance of the session you are registered for. For more information, please see our weather and closure policy at the bottom of the page.
For more information, click on the button below.Refunds and Cancellations
We request you kindly limit your household to three sessions per week, allowing others to enjoy the pools as well. Those found abusing this policy will be subject to reservation withdrawal.Pre-Register for Community Center Swimming
Need help registering? No problem! Click on the button below for a pre-registration tutorial, available at your fingertips to guide you through the registration process 24/7.Swimming Registration Tutorial
Do infants need to be registered and paid for? What about non-swimmers? Can I bring floaties to the pool? Can I register my neighbor for a time slot at the pool? Got questions? We’ve got answers! Check out our Pool Use FAQs for more!Pool Use FAQs
The following is a list of current restrictions included in the most recent State order or CDC guidelines that pool guests must follow:
- Masks recommended for wear except when in the water. Lifeguards will wear masks when they are not on stand.
- Reduced pool occupancy with six-foot social distancing for those not within your household
- No deck furniture, pool toys, life jackets, or other shared supplies or equipment available for use; members of the same household may bring shared, facility-approved, equipment for their use only
- Social distancing cues on the deck and lawn
- Locker-room use restricted to restrooms; shower prior to coming to the facility
- No swim lessons, private rentals, or concession sales
The following is a list of additional Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District pool regulations and information for this summer. For a complete list of the regular pool rules, please see the Pool Regulations.
- Please use the social distance markings when lining up to enter the pool.
- Please use the social distance markings on the pool deck and grass to ensure you and members of your household keep a safe distance from others.
- Two swimmers per lap lane (beginning at separate ends and maintaining social distancing). We kindly ask swimmers to limit lap swim time to 30 minutes to allow all swimmers the opportunity to exercise.
- Lost and Found items will be in the Guard Room. Please ask an off-stand guard to access it if needed.
- At the Community Center, only one person is allowed in the dive well during designated diving time. No loitering on the side walls of the dive well.
- At the Community Center, use the designated social distance markers when waiting in line for the slide.
Pool sessions will be 2 hours in duration with 15 minutes in between to clean. Lifeguards will clear the pool 5 minutes before the end of your session. You should gather your belongings and exit the facility by your session end time to allow for ample cleaning time.
Pool Specific Information
Community Center Pool
7 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily (Closing August 16)
All sessions will be open swim with the following shared spaces:
- All six lap lanes will be available from 7-9 a.m. daily until July 6. Beginning July 6, lap lanes will be only be available on Mondays and Fridays from 7-7:45 a.m. during the 7-9 a.m. session to accommodate water aerobics and on other days from 7-9 a.m. One lap lane will be available during all other swim sessions. We kindly ask swimmers to limit lap swim time to 30 minutes. Two lap swimmers may use each lane so long as they follow social distancing guidelines and start at opposite ends of the pool. Please be advised that lifeguards will need time to clear and pull lap lanes from the pool. Your patience is appreciated during this time.
- The first 30 minutes of each session will be free swim in the dive well. The last 1.5 hours will be designated dive time. Every Wednesday beginning July 6, water aerobics will take place in the dive well, and it will be unavailable from 7:45-9 a.m.
- The slide will open at 9:15 a.m. daily.
- The splash pad will be open to the public daily from 9:15 a.m. – 6 p.m. No registration is required. Please use the entrance via the sidewalk. No entry through the pool will be allowed. Social distancing is required. Use at your own risk.
Ranch House Pool
Anticipated opening in late July.
Closed for the season
Water aerobics will begin on July 6 from 8-8:50 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only. Please see the Water Exercise page for details.
Weather & Closure Policy and Refunds
When thunder is heard or lightning is seen, the pool will close and the guards will clear the pool and deck. Participants must leave the facility until the thunder and/or lightning has stopped for at least 30 minutes and/or lightning must be at least 10 miles away. If the pool will be closed for a short amount of time due to weather, we will post a sign on the entrance of the pool with the expected opening time.
If the pool is expected to be closed all day, we will make every effort to update the Pool Closures page and contact registered participants via e-mail.
If the pool is closed for more than half of your registered session, we will issue a credit to your account for you to utilize at a later time; otherwise we will not issue a credit or refund.
We are working diligently to provide a clean, safe environment for you, but with all things related to COVID-19 there is inherent risk. It is up to you to choose to use the KCRMD facilities, knowing that you assume risk when gathering with other people.
For additional information, contact Brenna Le Blanc at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-979-1876, ext. 131.