Proposed Changes to Open Space Rules
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association and Metropolitan District Open Space and Parks Use Rules were revised at the KCRMA Open Space Committee Meeting on April 24. Staff and the KCRMA Open Space Committee removed old language and added new language to better clarify several rules. You can find the rules document with the revisions here:Rules Document Showing Changes
Highlights of the proposed revised rules are listed below:
• Rule #1, clarified use of private open space.
• Rule #2, clarified activity in the open space, greenbelts, and park areas after dark. Proposed revision to the rule states: Authorized activity in open space, greenbelts, and parks is allowed after dark unless posted otherwise. Examples of authorized activities include walking, bicycling, jogging, stargazing, or camping in designated areas. Use of baseball diamonds, playgrounds, and the frisbee golf course at the Ranch House is prohibited after dark. Use of tennis courts is prohibited after dark (unless lighted, then close is at 10 p.m.). Equestrian Center visitors allowed only from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Rule #5, Added language encouraging mowing along private property in open space and changing height of mowed grasses to coincide with the Wildfire Hazard Mitigation Plan.
• Rule #6, Removed e-bikes as an unauthorized vehicle, and revised e-bike use in open space, greenbelts, and parks. Proposed changes to the e-bike rules are as follows: Class 1 e-bikes are allowed on natural surface and paved open space, greenbelt, and park trails. Class 2 e-bikes are only allowed on paved open space, greenbelt, and park trails. Class 3 e-bikes are only allowed on roads and parking lots where motorized vehicles are authorized to travel.
• Rule #16, Added all camp site locations to the rule.
The Master Association and Metropolitan District Boards will vote on the proposed changes at their respective meetings on May 21 at 6 p.m. at the Ranch House. If you have any questions regarding the revisions, please call the Rangers at 303-979-1876, ext. 170.