The Bears are Back!
BEARS ACTIVE AT KEN-CARYL RANCH
Updated June 17, 2019: Rangers have recently received several reports of a bear feeding on garbage found in cans. As a friendly reminder:
Remember to remove all ATTRACTANTS:
- Birdfeeders should be removed until winter when bears are not active.
- Place secured garbage cans outside for pick-up in the morning only.
- Burn food off barbeque grills and clean after each use.
- Clean garbage cans with ammonia to discourage bears and other wildlife.
- Don’t leave food, trash, coolers, air fresheners or anything that smells in your vehicle
- Lock bear-accessible doors and windows in the house, garage and car at night.
- Remove any ripened fruit that has fallen to the ground on your property.
Bears that get too comfortable around people can destroy property or even become a threat to human safety. Habituated bears must often be destroyed. Please don’t let bears die needlessly. Do your part to bear-proof your home and property, and help keep bears alive and wild.
REMEMBER A FED BEAR IS A DEAD BEAR!!Bears and Bird Feeders Information