Ken-Caryl Ranch Metropolitan District Board Election
There are two seats open on the Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Board. The election opens in mid-February, but we are currently seeking candidate applications. The Master Association Board, along with their counterparts on the Metropolitan District Board, is a decision-making authority that shapes the future of the community. The Board is elected to establish policies and provide general direction to the Executive Director.
The expectations of a Board Member are attendance at the monthly Board Meeting, the monthly Joint Study Session and liaison meetings as assigned. Board members are also expected to communicate regularly and proficiently via email. Additional time or meetings may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities as a Board Member.
One Board opening is for Scotty Martin’s current seat. This position will be on the ballot for a three-year term. With the tragic passing of Board member Dave Seagraves in November, a second spot will be on the ballot for a two-year position to fill the remainder of Dave’s term. The candidate receiving the highest number of votes will fill the three-year term and the candidate receiving the second highest number of votes will fill the two-year term.
Are you considering running for the Board but you need more information? Please contact Victoria DeSair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-979-1876, ext. 122, or reach out to any the current board members.
To run for the Master Association Board, fill out the Board Candidate Application with the button below. Applications are due by Jan. 20 at 5 p.m.
MA Election Information
The Ken-Caryl Ranch Master Association Board election begins Feb. 9 and runs through March 1 at 5 p.m. Here’s how the election works:
- Residents and businesses with an email address in our accounting system will receive an email from email@example.com on Feb. 9 with voting instructions.
- Those residents and businesses without an email in the system will receive a postcard on or after Feb. 9.
- There is one ballot per household or business. If you own multiple properties, or are a business, you will only vote once, but your vote will be weighted.
- The election will be done online, but paper ballots will be available at the Ranch House Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for those residents who do not wish to vote online. You will need a photo ID to vote with a paper ballot.
- If you do not receive your voting code by Feb. 18, or cannot find it, please contact Victoria DeSair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-979-1876, ext. 122.
- There are two open positions for the Board, so you will vote for two candidates.