Summer Camp – the best way to spend your summer!
KCR School-Age Summer Camps
Traditional day camp options are located at the Ranch House and Dakota Lodge for school-age campers and at the Community Center for pre-school age campers. See more info below!
Looking for Teen Camps?
School-Age Camp Info
2023 Camp Registration
- Registration has closed since the waitlist has reached maximum capacity.
- Registration is online! When registering, please select the camp based on the grade your child will enter for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Families may register for full weeks (Mon-Friday), no partial weeks offered. There are two holiday weeks that include a holiday, Memorial Day is a 4-day week (Tues-Fri) and Independence Day is a 3-day week (Wed-Fri).)
- A $40 per week, per child deposit is required upon registration. This is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Registration will open in phases. The first day of each window will open at 9 a.m. that day. The last day of each window will close at 5 p.m. that day. Date windows are:
- March 6-10 -> 2022-2023 B&A and Preschool families that qualify as PRIORITY. *You will be notified by the youth programs team if you qualify as priority. If you are a priority family, but a non-resident, you must register during this March 6-10 timeframe, or wait until the Non-Resident registration window opens.
- March 13-24 -> Public – Ken-Caryl Residents
- March 27-31 -> Public – Non-Residents
- When registering, please select the camp based on the grade your child will enter for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Cancellation deadline is April 21.
Having an online account is helpful (required) to complete this registration process. We recommend creating an account in advance of registration.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Each camper must be 5 years old by May 30 to participate in any school-age camps.
For preschool summer camp, check out our Rainbow Fish!
Looking for something for 6th – 10th graders? Check out our Teen/Pre-Teen Camps!
Camps at the Dakota Lodge
KC Nature Camp
Following a weekly theme, children will participate in nature-based crafts, science projects, cooking activities, large and small group games, and team building. Once a week, the camps will go to an off-site field trip. Once a week, camps have group tennis lessons and swimming time at the Community Center and will go on a hike in the Ken-Caryl Valley area.
The Dakota Lodge hosts two camps, grouped by grade:
THE TADPOLES CAMP
Ages: K* – 2nd Grade
THE FROGS CAMP
Ages: 3rd – 6th grade
Camps at the Ranch House
Following a weekly theme, children will participate in crafts, science projects, cooking activities, large and small group games, and team building. Once a week, each camp will go on an off-site field trip. Camps have group tennis lessons twice a week and will go swimming at the Ranch House pool three times a week (camp swim lessons for ages <10 are available M-Th each week your child is signed up for summer camp).
The Ranch House hosts three camps, grouped by grade:
‘THE HOOTS’ CAMP
Ages: K* – 1st grade
‘DAH BEARS’ CAMP
Ages: 2nd – 3rd grade
‘THE LIONS’ CAMP
Ages: 4th – 6th grade
*Fee for 5-Day Week:
- Resident: $240
- Non-Resident: $312
*Pro-rated for 4-day Memorial Day and 3-day Independence Day weeks.
Dates: May 30 – August 4
Daily Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.